1. It is every member’s responsibility to learn and play by the official rules of pickleball, as set out by the International Federation of Pickleball (IFP)
2. Board members are volunteers and should be appreciated for the time and effort they put into making our Club a success. They are not to be telephoned at home or pulled aside during Club play time. Email is the preferred method of contact.
3. Wear proper attire. Shirts must be worn at all times. Shoes should be court/ tennis shoes- no sandals, hard-soled, or hiking shoes.
4. Line Calling- players will call lines (out or in) on their side of the court. No one should question an opponent’s call unless asked. Spectators should not be consulted. If one player calls “out” and their partner calls “in”, the ball must be declared “in”. The opponent gets the benefit of the doubt with line calls.
5. Safety- if you hit a ball onto another court, immediately yell “ball” or “pickle”! All play must stop. If a ball rolls onto your court, yell “ball” and stop play at once. To return a lob, turn to run or split-step to hit the ball. Never back pedal or run backwards- this can lead to serious injuries! If someone falls, all play stops! Use ice packs and/or a first aid kit if injuries are minor. Call 911 if there is a head or back injury, or if there is a loss of consciousness.
6. Court Usage- normally court times are divided between Novice, Intermediate, and Advanced play. This allows each person the opportunity to play with others of similar skill levels, making for a better game for everyone. When people are waiting to play there are several alternatives to allow everyone play time- for example; No one is allowed to play more than two games in a row. Winners stay on while losing team leaves the court. Or, rotate one or two players onto a court after each game, allowing a break for those who want one. The main problem to avoid is players “hogging” all the court time. Everyone has the right to play!