OLIVER PICKLEBALL CLUB
CODE OF CONDUCT AND DISCIPLINARY POLICY
1. This Code of Conduct applies to all individuals participating in the Club’s programs,
activities and events.
2. All members shall demonstrate respect for every person regardless of physical
characteristics, athletic ability, age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin,
creed, disability, family, economic or marital status, gender identity or expression, or
3. Members shall consistently treat individuals fairly and reasonably ensuring adherence
to the rules of Pickleball and the spirit of those rules and shall not criticize their partner or
other members, nor fault them for their mistakes.
4. Members shall refrain from:
● verbally or physically abusing opponents, officials, or spectators; ● any form of harassment, including sexual harassment; ● the use of profane, insulting, or otherwise offensive language or gestures; ● the use of power or authority in an attempt to coerce another person ● consuming alcohol, tobacco products or recreational drugs while participating in all Club activities.
5. Members shall respect the property of others and not wilfully cause damage and
comply, at all times, with the Club’s bylaws, policies, procedures, rules and regulations,
as adopted and amended from time to time.
6. Members will not engage in any behaviour that would endanger the health, safety, or
wellbeing of others and will dress in safe and appropriate attire, including proper
7. The Club encourages its members to be vigilant in applying these codes and to
constantly demonstrate good sportsmanship and bring to the attention of the Board any
concerns. The Board will apply its Discipline Policy to those who fail to act in accordance
with the Code of Conduct.
8. All members are expected to uphold the Oliver Pickleball Club code of conduct.
9. The Board may suspend a member for a period of time for one or more of the
following reasons, but not limited to:
1. If the member has failed to abide by the code of conduct
2. If the member has disrupted the meetings or functions
3. If the member has done anything harmful to the operation of the Club.
10. After investigation of a complaint against a member, the affected member shall
receive penalties in the following order depending on the severity of the incident.
1st offense: a verbal or a written warning, with a notification to the Board of such
2nd offense: suspension of Club membership for two (2) weeks
3rd offense: a termination of membership effective immediately and the member
will forfeit any fees paid.
11. At the discretion of the Board and the severity of the incident, club membership for
that individual may be terminated without a verbal or written warning. Upon termination,
a member will forfeit any fees paid.
12. At the sole discretion of the Club, an individual’s conviction for any of the following
offenses will be deemed a major infraction under this Policy and will result in an
immediate expulsion from the Club and membership fees forfeited:
● Any child pornography offences; ● Any sexual offences; ● Any offence involving violence against a person; or ● Any offences involving trafficking of illegal drugs. All members must self-report any convictions for these offences.