After a Great Summer Season Outdoors, We're Moving Inside
We're excited to announce that the Oliver Pickleball Club is now a year-round club. During the summer we play at the Oliver Tennis Courts, and indoors we now play at the Air Cadets Hangar (3 courts).
Please sign up as a member here.
We are now using an online club membership app which allows us to be in contact with other members and to book court times online (required for COVID-19). Thanks for your flexibility adapting to the new booking system. We’re all learning it together. We appreciate your questions and feedback, and welcome any requests for technical support you may have.
Here are a few tips that may help:
1. How to sign up for Level Play - It doesn’t work when you go to "Book a Court " The easiest way to sign up for Level Play is to go the the “Calendar." You can also sign up by clicking on “Events."
2. How to see who else is signed up for level play each day - You have to go to “Calendar” or “Events."
3. How to change your rating - If you feel that you are not in the right group, go to "My Profile” and change your self-rating.
4. Etiquette in Level Play.
5. If your name is not showing up on the members list, you need to uncheck "Exclude Account Information From Public Groups” under “My Profile.” This will NOT mean that people outside of our club can see your info. It is for club members only.
6. We recommend not unsubscribing from the club email list. We will now be sending out group emails through the app. You will not get our emails if you are unsubscribed. Please go to “My Profile” and uncheck "Unsubscribe From Marketing Emails.”
7. There is a way to group yourself with other family members - Go to “My Profile” then “My Family” and add family members. This allows you to make reservations together. For example, one person can make the reservation for both of you. If you need help with this, let me know.
8. Everyone should play with their own ball - If you live together you can share a ball. Balls are for sale for $5 at the court - see Blaine, Helene, Sandy, Gord or me to purchase a ball. We have Dura Fast 40 balls and Onyx outdoor balls. We will have Franklin balls in soon.
9. Only one hour per person per day - Please only reserve one hour of play per day. This allows everyone to get a chance to play. Once we go to 4 courts, we will lift this restriction.
10. Putting away the nets if you are the last group - If no group shows up after you, please move the nets to the side of the court and lock the locker if it is still open. Please also move the divider net to the fence.
11. Please direct any questions, suggestions, or feedback about the new system to Todd. If you have a technical issue, don’t hesitate to let him know. He can’t fix it if he doesn’t know about it. :)
12. Here is the link to the app again. For those who have not registered, please do so if you want to play with us.